FIRST CARE Provider Program
The First CARE Provider Program is proud to be a DHS endorsed Stop the Bleed program. Our goal is to educate the public in basic hemorrhage control techniques to eliminate preventable deaths
When seconds count, trained help is often minutes away.....
Download the FREE First CARE Provider App for your Apple or Android device
What is the First Care Provider Program?
A proven model of success
ABOUT THE FIRST CARE PROVIDER PROGRAM
The First Care Provider model empowers community members to take life-saving actions. Data from across the globe demonstrates that training individuals empowers action and improves survival from medical and traumatic emergencies. Trained First Care Providers demonstrate a willingness to operate independently, are able to recognize critical injuries and can properly allocate resources for the maximal benefit of those involved.
First Care Provider training provides a targeted, yet comprehensive approach to address the major causes of potentially preventable death as detailed in the Committee for Tactical Emergency Casualty Care First Care Providers guidelines. External hemorrhage control is a critical skill for many traumatic type injuries, however, it is not a panacea. Recent events reveal that access to the wounded, recognition of significant injury, and rapid evacuation to medical care are at least equally as important as immediate hemorrhage control.
BENEFITS OF THE FIRST CARE PROVIDER PROGRAM
Our First Care Provider program provides all points of education found in our Advanced Bleeding Control course, and add the following topics that are of great value to schools, organizations, and businesses:
- Basic airway management, casualty movement, and psychological comfort care of the wounded
- Improved communication between the bystander/first care provider and the 911 emergency dispatch system
- Strategies to mitigate physical and psychological risks
- Techniques to barricade and limit the perpetrators' access to victims
- Basic methods to interact and integrate with first responder agencies,
- including how to signal for help and direct responders to casualties
"This is amazing training for teachers and, sadly, lacking from current active shooter training curricula"
We urge you to contact us for info on classes in the South Florida area, or to see how we can bring this lifesaving training to your organization today!
YEARS TRAINING B-CON
What sets us apart
- Graduates of the official First Care Provider Instructor Development Academy
- Certified or recognized instructor by every major Bleeding Control course body
- Physician-led program taught by Subject Matter Experts
- Evidence-based, up-to-date curriculum
Fields marked with an * are