The First Responder is the complete solution for all emergency responders.
The First Responder is a product designed by EMS / Fire Rescue from the ground up personnel FOR EMS / Fire Rescue personnel. The vest provides the same level of threat protection and coverage as those used by Law Enforcement, but WITHOUT the overly tactical look of a Law Enforcement vest.
The First Responder was designed based around the Bunker / Turnout gear that is worn everyday by Fire-Rescue personnel, adding to the natural uniformity and identification of these traditional colors and patterns. associated with Fire Rescue and EMS personnel. This allows medical responders to be well protected in an active zone, yet be readily identifiable by Law Enforcement personnel, helping to eliminate any confusion while working in the warm zones.
The carrier is very comfortable and designed as a one size fits most, thereby alleviating the need to make sure each individual has their own sized vest. The effect this has on a department's budget will be appreciate by all.
The vest does come with NIJ certified level IIIA soft armor panel that provide full wrap-around protection, making this the perfect vest for dangerous domestic calls.
By adding NIJ 0101.06 10” x 12” SAPI/ESAPI hard armor plates you have the perfect vest for the Active Shooter / Violent Incident Response. The First Responder Carrier has 70 square inches of reflective tape, to help with identification of personnel in low light situations.
- Fully adjustable and padded shoulder strap utilizing closed cell foam for maximum comfort and adjustability.
- Provides NIJ 0101.6 Level IIIA Ballistic Protection.
- Front & rear pocket accommodates both full size and shooters cut Level III or IV hard armor plates (8”x10” or 10”x12”) available.
- Large Front Utility pocket with hook & loop closure, can be used for an optional IFAK kit or as a utility pocket.
- One size fits "most" with 360⁰ of 3M reflective tape to make you more visible
- "Man Down" reinforced drag handle.
- Large loop area on front/back for ID placards.