Welcome to the newest iteration of 60-Second Soapbox! Each episode, one lucky individual gets exactly 1 whole minute to present their rant-of-choice to the world. Any topic is on the table – clinical, academic, economic, or whatever else may interest an EM-centric audience. We carefully remix your audio to add an extra splash of drama and excitement. Even more exciting, participants get to challenge 3 of their peers to stand on a soapbox of their own!
Dr. Kristi Colbenson
Emergency Medicine, Sports Medicine
- Bring, D. K.-I., Reno, C., Renstrom, P., Salo, P., Hart, D. A. and Ackermann, P. W. “Joint immobilization reduces the expression of sensory neuropeptide receptors and impairs healing after tendon rupture in a rat model.” J Orthop Res. 2009. PMID: 18655130
- Enneking, W. H., Marshall. “The Intra-articular effects of immobilization on the human knee.” J Bone Joint Surg Am. 1972. PMID: 5068717
- M.A. Lerouxa, H. S. C., J.L. Baua, J.Y. Wanga, D.S. Howellb, L.A. Settona. “Altered mechanics and histomorphometry of canine tibial cartilae following joint immobilization.” Osteoarthritis and Cartilage. 2001. PMID: 11597176
- Veldhuizen JW, V. F., Vroemen JP, Kuipers H, Greep JM. “Functional and morphological adaptations following four weeks of knee immobilization.” Department of Surgery. 1993. PMID: 8365837
- Wong, K. T., Guy; Laneuville, Odette. “Noninflammatory Joint Contractures Arising from Immobility: Animal Models to Future Treatments ” BioMed Research International: 1-6. 2015. PMID: 26247029
Consultant and Honorary Senior Lecturer in Paediatric Emergency Medicine, Leicester Hospitals
Editor, 60-Second Soapbox series
Assistant Clinical Professor, Rocky Vista University
Clinical Instructor, University of Colorado School of Medicine
2014-15 ALiEM-CORD Social Media and Digital Scholarship Fellow
The post 60-Second Soapbox: Maday (Name Game), Colbenson (Knee Immobilizer), Roland (Knowledge Translation) appeared first on ALiEM.