A new season is upon us again — the 2016 EM residency match season! This EM Match Advice video has program directors reflecting back on the 2015 match year, lessons learned, and advice for the 2016 applicants. Watch, learn, digest, and send us some comments.
The Panelists: 2015 EM Residency Match
- Michael Gisondi, MD (Northwestern PD, host)
- Francis DeRoos, MD MEd (University of Pennsylvania PD)
- Megan Boysen Osborn, MD (University of California Irvine PD)
- Jason Wagner, MD (Washington University in St. Louis PD)
- Michelle Lin, MD (University of California San Francisco, ALiEM host)
- 00:00 Introductions
- 01:20 Going over the NRMP 2015 match data for emergency medicine (see below)
- 06:15 DeRoos gives his reflections on the data trends.
- 10:21 DeRoos gives some advice to applicants.
- 11:20 Osborn gives her reflections on the data trends and provides concrete application numbers.
- 16:55 Gisondi polls the panelists about how many SLOEs are ideal versus a minimum.
- 17:55 Wagner gives his reflections on the data trends.
- 19:07 Gisondi clarifies that the goal number of interviews is 10-ish, as confirmed by the panel.
- 19:50 Wagner talks about etiquette and strategies for applicants.
- 26:06 Wagner launches a discussion looking forward about what he would like to see in the 2016+ application and match seasons. Is it time for a disruption?
- 34:29 The panelists shares what bothered them and pet peeves from the 2015 interview season.
- 38:52 Lin provides her summary thoughts.
- 40:48 The panelists share some things that you may not know about their program.
Downloadable this PDF (2015 NRMP Match for EM)
The post EM Match Advice: Reflections from the 2015 EM Residency Match appeared first on ALiEM.