Yesterday the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) opened its digital doors to medical students applying to ACGME residency programs. So we thought it was a perfect time to host another EM Match Advice Series installment. This time, we focus on the challenges that the non-LCME applicant encounters throughout the ACGME application process. These applicants include:
- Students from osteopathic medical schools
- Students from non-U.S. medical schools
- Applicants who have been in the military service and are returning for residency training
- Residents who want to transfer in from another specialty training program.
Podcast: The Non-LCME Applicant
- Michael Gisondi, MD (Northwestern PD, host)
- Merle Carter, MD (Albert Einstein prior PD and soon-to-be Designated Institutional Official)
- Doug Finefrock, DO (Hackensack PD and Vice Chair)
- Damon Kuehl, MD (Virginia Tech Carilion PD)
- Michelle Lin, MD (University of California San Francisco, ALiEM host)
Listen to all the episodes of the EM Match Advice Series
Smith-Coggins R, Marco CA, Baren JM, et al. American Board of Emergency Medicine report on residency training information (2014-2015). Ann Emerg Med. 2015; 65(5): 584-94. PMID: 25910762
The post EM Match Advice Series: The Non-LCME Applicant appeared first on ALiEM.