Residency provides clinical training to new physicians. Many programs have started offering online educational content to their residents. These are great resources to learn from some of the leading educators in EM from the comfort of your home. Below is a list of some of my favorites.
University of Maryland Emergency Medicine
- Educational Pearls: Subscription to this list enables you to receive a daily pearl from the UMEM faculty. The topics include cardiology, orthopedics, critical care, and pharmacology.
- Amal Mattu’s EKG Video Case Series: Emergency cardiology expert Dr. Amal Mattu presents a weekly video based on an ECG case and packed with high-yield pearls.
- Video Training: This series with instructional procedure videos demonstrates techniques, such as lateral canthotomy, thoracotomy, tube thoracostomy, and central venous access.
Vanderbilt University Emergency Medicine
- Take 5: A video didactic series presenting 5 clinical tips in 5 minutes.
- Trauma Bay Procedures: Instructional videos demonstrating such techniques as rapid sequence intubation, ED thoracotomy, tube thoracostomy, and central line setup.
- Keeping up!: Demonstrations of various shoulder dislocation reduction techniques and the placement of laryngeal tubes.
Mt. Sinai Emergency Medicine
- EMProcedures: Collection of procedure videos including critical care procedures, GU procedures, orthopedic procedures, nerve blocks and more.
- Lectures: Downloadable audio lectures from resident weekly conference and other regional conferences.
- Sinai Emergency Medicine Ultrasound: Home of the Ultrasound Division’s blog with multiple ultrasound tutorials.
As you can see, there are many great resources hosted by residency programs available for all clinical practitioners to use. What are YOUR favorite residency-based educational resources?
The post Online Educational Resources from Residencies appeared first on ALiEM.