Buprenorphine prescribing: The Get Waivered Initiative makes it easier to get your DEA-X Waiver
A major development in curbing the opioid epidemic is the introduction of the medication buprenorphine to address opioid addiction. Being able to prescribe this medication, however, requires a special DEA-X Waiver in the United States. Dr. Alister Martin, the Founder of the Get Waivered initiative, is working to reduce the barriers for clinicians to obtain the training and paperwork necessary to obtain this waiver. Dr. Michelle Lin talks with Dr. Martin on this podcast about the backstory of the Get Waivered program, the lowered barriers to obtaining training, and some sneak peaks on what is new on the launching pad for his program.
Interesting fact: Medical students can participate in the free DEA-X waiver training now. The certificate of completion has no expiration date and can be submitted, when eligible for this waiver license.
Podcast with Dr. Alister Martin on the Get Waivered program
Visit the Get Waivered site to learn of their upcoming online training events and hot off the press news.
- A Tale of Two Epidemics: COVID-19 and the Opioid Crisis
ACEP E-QUAL podcasts on the opioid epidemic
- Opioid Use Disorder (OUD) Access in the Time of COVID
- Transitioning to Outpatient Care in OUD
- Substance Use Disorder Chat
- Pain Management for Patients with Opioid Use Disorder
- Opioid Overdose Prevention & Naloxone Distribution
- Opioid Withdrawals & Buprenorphine in the ED
- Buprenorphine after Opiate Overdose Part 1
- Buprenorphine After Opiate Overdose Part 2
- Supercharging Medication Assisted Therapy (MAT) with PAs and APRNs
Disclosure: ALiEM is proud to be a collaborator with the Get Waivered Initiative. This work was funded by the Foundation for Opioid Response Efforts (FORE). The views and conclusions contained in this document are those of the authors and should not be interpreted as representing the official policies or stance, either expressed or implied, of FORE. FORE is authorized to reproduce and distribute reprints for Foundation purposes notwithstanding any copyright notation hereon.
The post Buprenorphine prescribing: The Get Waivered Initiative makes it easier to get your DEA-X Waiver appeared first on ALiEM.
Like articles like this one?
Safe& Secure Checkout