Calling all med students: SAEM Ambassador opportunity
Are you a medical student interested in EM? Want to get your registration costs waived at a national meeting? Want to come say hi to me? Here is an announcement from the SAEM website (deadline Feb 1, 2012):
SAEM is looking for 15 energetic, self-starting, responsible, and enthusiastic medical students to work with the SAEM Program Committee at the Annual Meeting in Chicago, May 9-12, 2012. The Program Committee is responsible for the planning, coordination, and execution of SAEM’s Annual Meeting. It is comprised of nearly 40 faculty members selected by the President of SAEM from Emergency Medicine programs all over the country.
Benefits for medical student committee members:
- Waiver of your registration fee to the SAEM Annual Meeting*
- A member of the Program Committee will be assigned to you to serve in an advisory capacity for future EM pursuits
- Learn much more about the current research and educational activities taking place in the field of Emergency Medicine
- Have the opportunity to form relationships with faculty members from EM programs around the country.
- A personal letter from the Committee Chair will be sent to your Dean of Student Affairs, acknowledging your contributions to the Program Committee.
Requirements and expectations of medical student committee members:
- Arrive the late evening of May 8th and stay through 3pm on May 12th.*
- Attend daily Program Committee meetings
- Seeing to assigned tasks and responsibilities, which include, but are not limited to: Approximately 6 hours of responsibilities per day, soliciting reviews, assisting in AV needs, facilitating workshops, being responsive and flexible to the needs of the Program Committee
Interested medical students should submit their name and contact information to the SAEM office by emailing Michelle Iniguez at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please write “Medical Student Ambassadors” in the subject line and attach a very short statement of interest (<150 words) as well as an updated electronic copy of your CV. Deadline is February 1, 2012. Recipients will be notified by February 10, 2012.
* Travel and hotel will be the responsibility of the individual student; however. SAEM will provide the emails of other selected students to facilitate consolidating lodging expenses.
PDF of the announcement
The post Calling all med students: SAEM Ambassador opportunity appeared first on ALiEM.
Like articles like this one?
Safe& Secure Checkout