EM Match Advice: Program Directors Reflect on the 2020 Residency Match
How competitive was the 2020 EM residency match? Although COVID-19 has changed some of the rules and planning for the 2020-21 residency application season, historical data still remains a helpful guide. We have updated our annual table summarizing how competitive the EM residency match was, based on National Residency Matching Program (NRMP) data.
Program director panelists
- Dr. Sean Fox (Carolinas Medical Center)
- Dr. Amy Stubbs (University of Missouri-Kansas City)
- Dr. Butch Humbert (Indiana University)
Listen to all the episodes of the EM Match Advice Series
- The Coalition for Physician Accountability’s (COPA) Work Group on Medical Students in the Class of 2021 Moving Across Institutions for Post Graduate Training. “Final Report and Recommendations for Medical Education Institutions of LCME-Accredited, U.S. Osteopathic, and Non-U.S. Medical School Applicants.” Published May 11, 2020.
- Consensus Statement on the 2020-2021 Residency Application Process for US Medical Students Planning Careers in Emergency Medicine. Published May 2020.
- View other EM Match Advice episodes.
The post EM Match Advice: Program Directors Reflect on the 2020 Residency Match appeared first on ALiEM.
Like articles like this one?
Safe& Secure Checkout