First annual Medical Apps Awards: Vote now
The polls for the first annual Medical Apps Awards is now open. Voting closes April 21, 2011 @ 12:00 AM EST.
- General instructions (you can win various prizes)
- Go directly to the polls
There are 3 categories that you can vote on:
1. Best Medical App for Healthcare Professionals
- MediBabble – a medical translation tool
- Doximity – a professional networking tool
- Medscape – comprehensive guide to drugs, interactions, diseases, & procedures
- Epocrates – comprehensive guide to drugs, interactions, identifying pills, & calculators
- DrChrono – the first EMR for the ipad
2. Best Medical App for Patients
- iHealth BPM w/ cuff – the first medical app to take your blood pressure & keep track of it
- Asthma Maze – know which food additives & cosmetic ingredients can trigger an asthma attack
- Mayo Clinic Diabetes Type 2 Wellness Solutions – comprehensive guide to diabetes
- Free RX iCard – get discounts on prescription drugs at participating pharmacies, easy locater
- Calorie Tracker by Livestrong – keep track of your daily calories and weight loss progress
3. Most Innovative Medical App
- Airstrip – monitor your patient’s vitals, waveforms, labs, I/Os, meds, & allergies from home
- Webicina – a comprehensive online medical resource for both patients & healthcare folks
- Fooducate – scan any barcode in the grocery store to instantly see product health highlights
- PocketCPR w/cradle – real-time feedback so that anyone can do CPR correctly
- Google Translate – speak into your phone and it will speak out the translation
I thought I would mention this since Medibabble was created by recent graduates from the UCSF School of Medicine. It’s a creative, well thought-out, free medical translation app. I had highlighted the app back in Feb 2011 and deserves to be on the list of impressive apps.
The downside of voting is that you are required to enter your email and snail-mail address in case you win the prize. Good luck to all the nominees!
I do not have any financial ties with any of these apps.
Like articles like this one?
Safe& Secure Checkout