Opportunity for med students: SAEM meeting in Boston (Jun 1-5, 2011)
The Society for Academic Emergency Medicine (SAEM) holds its annual meeting at various U.S. metropolitan cities. This year, it is going to be at Boston in June 1-5, 2011.
It is a terrific conference for medical students and residents interested in EM academia. To help coordinate the huge meeting, the SAEM Program Committee is looking for 15 enthusiastic medical students to serve as volunteers.
What are the benefits?
- Waiver of your registration fee to the SAEM Annual Meeting
- Working with a Program Committee member (an academic EM faculty member)
- Learning more about the current research and educational activities in EM
- Networking with lots of academic EM faculty
- A personal letter from the Committee Chair to your Dean of Student Affairs, acknowledging your contributions.
- Arrive evening of May 31 and stay through noon on June 5th.*
- Attend daily Program Committee meetings.
- Complete assigned tasks, which include but are not limited to:
- Approximately 6 hours of responsibilities per day
- Soliciting reviews
- Assisting in AV needs
- Facilitating workshops
- Being responsive and flexible to the needs of the Program Committee
Interested medical students should submit their name and contact information to the SAEM office by emailing Michelle Iniguez at MIniguez@saem.org. Please write “Medical Student Program Committee Member Annual Meeting” in the subject line and attach a very short statement of interest (<150 words) as well as an updated electronic copy of your CV.
* Travel and hotel will be the responsibility of the individual student; however, SAEM will provide the emails of other selected students to facilitate consolidating lodging expenses.
The post Opportunity for med students: SAEM meeting in Boston (Jun 1-5, 2011) appeared first on ALiEM.
Like articles like this one?
Safe& Secure Checkout