What’s your perfect idea for a medical app?
The American Medical Association (AMA) is harnassing the innovative power of the people in its “AMA App Challenge”. What do you think would be the perfect app for medical students, residents, and/or practicing physicians in their day-to-day life?
This challenge is the perfect opportunity for all those with great app ideas but are too busy (or lazy) to do the technical, legal, and business groundwork to make the idea a reality. The down side is that once you submit the idea, AMA has full proprietary ownership of it.
The submission is pretty short and sweet:
- Name and brief summary of app idea (500 characters)
- More detailed description – list benefits and features (2000 characters)
- Who the app idea will appeal to and why (2000 characters)
- How your app idea is innovative/different (2000 characters)
- How your app fits with the AMA’s mission to promote art and science of medicine and the betterment of health (2000 characters)
- Your background and medical/tech expertise (2000 characters)
Your app idea will be judged based on:
- 25%: Utility and appeal to target audience of physicians, residents/fellows, and/or medical students in their daily careers
- 25%: Fit with the AMA and its mission
- 20%: Innovativeness
- 20%: Suitability for app format
- 10%: Submitter’s medical/technical background
Deadline: June 30, 2011
Two Grand Prize winners will be selected and each will receive a $1,000 AMEX gift card, a $1,500 Apple Store gift card, and a trip for 2 to New Orleans (for the AMA meeting in November 2011). One Grand Prize winner will go to a medical student, resident, or fescsllow. The other Grand Prize winner will go to a practicing physician.
Up to 8 Runner-Up winners will each receive a $100 AMEX gift card.
Thanks to iMedicalApps for the heads up on this!
Like articles like this one?
Safe& Secure Checkout