All-EM Residency Graduation Extravaganza: Save the Date
We invite all of you to join the first-ever all-EM residency graduation event to celebrate the #EMClassof2020 who are embarking on their professional careers in an especially tumultuous time in history. Although this online event cannot replace the experience of an in-person departmental event, we hope that we can all take a collective pause to realize how connected we are in EM and even find some joy in these dark times. As a testament to this momentous “leveling-up” event, world-class speakers, Dr. Esther Choo, Dr. Mel Herbert, and Dr. Amal Mattu will headline a series of well-wishes and inspirational words. We have pulled out all the stops and spared no expense to honor YOU, the future of EM!
Congratulations to our Resident Commencement Speakers:
After reviewing video submissions from senior residents from around the world, we are excited to announce that Dr. Eve Purdy and Dr. Shazia Sohrawardy will be sharing their unique perspectives and thoughtful messages.
- Date: June 15, 2020 (5 pm PST | 8 pm EST)
- Cost: Free (no RSVP or registration needed)
- How to view the event: We will be broadcasting on via YouTube Live at https://youtu.be/d5udp2UtBrg.
- More information: The ALiEM Connect: Level Up home page has the most current information and list of celebrities, developments, and announcements.
VIP Golden Tickets
There will be 40 golden tickets awarded in the near future to be a member of our live, participatory studio audience. Prerequisite: You must be up for surprises.
Celebrity Cameo Appearances
Some of the featured guests who will be celebrating this event with you include:
- Dr. Jill Baren (President, American Board of Emergency Medicine)
- Dr. Jenny Beck-Esmay (Assistant Residency Director, St. Luke’s-Mount Sinai West; Editor-in Chief, FemInEM)
- Dr. Pam Benson (First female EM resident!)
- Dr. Teresa Chan (Assistant Dean for Faculty Development for the Faculty Health Sciences, McMaster University)
- Dr. Alecs Chochinov (President, Canadian Association for Emergency Physicians)
- Dr. Ilene Claudius (Pediatric EM, Harbor-UCLA)
- Grey Damon (Actor, “Jack Gibson” on Station 19)
- Barrett Doss (Actress, “Victoria Hughes” on Station 19)
- Dr. Angela Duckworth (Psychologist and author of book Grit: The Power of Passion and Perseverance)
- Dr. Anthony Fauci (Director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases)
- Dr. Tsion Firew (Columbia University; Special Advisor to the Ministry of Health for the Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia)
- Dr. Fiona Gallahue (President, Council of EM Residency Directors)
- Jason George (Actor, “Dr. Ben Warren” on Grey’s Anatomy)
- Dr. Jim Holmes (President, Society of Academic Emergency Medicine)
- Dr. Jaime Hope (Oakland University William Beaumont Hospital, Royal Oak; Motivational speaker, author, founder of Dr. Hope Health)
- Dr. Hannah Hughes (President, Emergency Medicine Residents Association)
- Dr. Abbas Husain (Staten Island University Hospital; All NYC EM President)
- Dr. William Jaquis (President, American College of Emergency Physicians)
- Dr. Dara Kass (Columbia University; Founder of FemInEM)
- Herb Lang (Former Harlem Globetrotter)
- Dr. Lexie Mannix (University of Florida – Jacksonville; Founder of SheMD)
- Peter Mansbridge (Former Canadian news anchor of The National and chief correspondent for CBC News)
- Dr. Lisa Moreno (President, American Academy of Emergency Medicine)
- Dr. Monalisa Muchatuta (Emergency Physician, Brooklyn, NY)
- Dr. Josh Mugele (Residency Director, Northeast Georgia Medical Center)
- Dr. Rob Orman (Emergency Physician, Glenwood Springs, CO; Creator and Host of ERCast and Stimulus podcast)
- Jana Lee Ortiz (Actress, “Andy Herrera” on Station 19)
- Dr. Megan Ranney (Brown University; Chief Research Officer, AFFIRM)
- Danielle Savre (Actress, “Maya Bishop” on Station 19)
- Dr. Jonathan Sherbino (Assistant Dean, Health Professions Education Research, McMaster University; Founding Editor, ICENet Blog)
- Dr. Teresa Smith (Designated Institutional Official, SUNY Downstate/Kings County)
- Dr. Robert Suter (President, American College of Osteopathic Emergency Physicians)
- Dr. Anand Swaminathan (St. Joseph’s Hospital; Deputy Editor for EM:RAP, Managing Editor for EM Abstracts and Associate Editor for REBEL EM and REBELCast)
- Dr. Judith Tintinalli (Senior Textbook Editor, Tintinalli’s Emergency Medicine: A Comprehensive Study Guide)
- Dr. Seth Trueger (Northwestern University; Digital Media Editor, JAMA)
- Dr. Scott Weingart (Stony Brook University, Founder of EMCrit Podcast)
- Dr. Brian Zink (Senior Associate Dean for Faculty & Faculty Development, University of Michigan; Author of Anyone, Anything, Anytime – A History of Emergency Medicine)
The Mastermind Team
- Dr. Al’ai Alvarez (Stanford University)
- Soon-to-be Dr. Bryn Dhir (International American University)
- Dr. Michael Gisondi (Stanford University)
- Dr. Mary Haas (University of Michigan)
- Dr. Adaira Landry (Brigham and Women’s Hospital)
- Dr. Michelle Lin (UC San Francisco)
- Dr. Sarah Mott (Emergency Physician, Emergency Care Consultants, Minnesota)
- Dr. Carl Preiksaitas (Stanford University)
- Dr. Christian Rose (Stanford University)
Thanks especially to our exclusive sponsor, the American Board of Emergency Medicine (ABEM) for supporting our efforts.
The post All-EM Residency Graduation Extravaganza: Save the Date appeared first on ALiEM.
Like articles like this one?
Safe& Secure Checkout