GroundED in EM: A new ALiEMU course series for third-year medical students
During the pandemic, similar to how a work-from-home mentality has become more accepted, a learn-on-own mentality has arisen for medical students. The success of the 9-part Bridge to Emergency Medicine (EM) self-guided curriculum for senior medical students interested in EM has confirmed this. This was evidenced by over 130,000 page views about the Bridge curriculum since March 2020 and 609 awarded ALiEMU certificates since April 2021 (launched only 2 months ago!).
GroundED in EM: A new curriculum for third-year medical students
We are thrilled to announce a 4-week, self-guided reading/listening curriculum along with choose-your-own-adventure cases paired now with ALiEMU quizzes, certificates, and badges for third-year medical students interested in EM. It’s called GroundED in EM, and created by an all-star team led by GroundED Editor-in-Chief, Dr. Andy Little. Here’s the rest of the team:
- Brian Barbas, MD, FACEP (Associate Professor of Emergency Medicine, Loyola University Chicago – Stritch School of Medicine)
- Carmen J. Martinez, MD MSMEd (Assistant Professor of Emergency Medicine, University of South Alabama)
- Guy Carmelli, MD, MSEd (Assistant Professor of Emergency Medicine, University of Massachusetts)
- Laryssa A. Patti, MD (Assistant Professor of Emergency Medicine, Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson Medical School)
- Kaitlin Bowers, DO (Vice Chair of Emergency Medicine, Campbell University College of Osteopathic Medicine)
- Meenal Sharkey, MD FACEP (Assistant Program Director & Clerkship Director; Department of Emergency Medicine, Doctors Hospital)
GroundED on ALiEMU
Similar to Bridge to EM, reading and listening materials have been identified and curated from external sites. Then come on back to ALiEMU to take self-assessment quizzes to get your certificates and badges.
The post GroundED in EM: A new ALiEMU course series for third-year medical students appeared first on ALiEM.
Like articles like this one?
Safe& Secure Checkout