Two weeks before renewing your license, you realize that you’re short 7 CME credits. Uh-oh…what to do now? Unfortunately, not enough time to go to a conference. Reading always gets boring after a while. Lie on your renewal application (NOT!)? If only there was a one-stop method of getting a variety of CME to keep you interested.
EMedHome was created in February 2000 by Rick Nunez, MD, an emergency physician. It is an accredited CME provider by ACCME. The website is operated independently without third-party support, thus never any influence from drug/device manufacturers. It hosts an impressive editorial board which includes Peter Rosen, Joe Lex, Laurence Raney, Selim Suner, William Brady and Rob Rogers.
Some of the features
- On-Line EM Lectures – Lectures from some of the best conferences in EM (AAEM Scientific Assembly, state ACEP conferences, Giant Steps in EM, Mediterranean EM Congress and more). Most include the Powerpoint slides and audio, if not actual video of the speaker. MP3 is also an option for those that prefer to listen in the car or on a MP3 player. The lectures usually offer 0.5-1 CME credits.
- EMCast – A monthly podcast hosted by the talented Amal Mattu along with guest commentaries. Each monthly podcast offers 1.5 CME credits.
- CME Feature Article – Offered on a bimonthly basis for those that prefer a traditional reading activity. Each article offers 2 CME credits. They cover a variety of high-yield EM topics as well as Joe Lex’s annual “Some Drugs from 20** That Might Change Your Practice”.
- LLSA CME Program – Provides access to the yearly articles, outlines and up to 35 CME credits.
- Clinical Case – Every other week, an interesting clinical case is offered, along with pertinent education points.
- Clinical Pearl – Weekly pearls are offered which usually focus on the most cutting edge EM topics.
- Question of the Day – Test your EM knowledge with these daily quizzes.
- And much more!
This is all offered for $99/year. $99 for over 70 CME credits annually! I’ve utilized EMedHome since starting my career and it’s been one of the best investments in my education. The Clinical Case, Clinical Pearl and Question of the Day can also be sent directly to your email without having to log-on to the site.
The post Internet CME: EMedHome.com appeared first on ALiEM.