Are you creative? Got a knack for acronyms and catchy names? Want to have bragging rights on naming a major American College of Emergency Physicians (ACEP) initiative? Want to win a $250 prize? Here is your chance. ALiEM has partnered with ACEP to help be the social media wing in their ambitious, grand-scale quality improvement collaborative based on Choosing Wisely recommendations.
What is TCPI and SANS?
The Transforming Clinical Practices Initiative (TCPI) is a national effort funded by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Innovation (CMMI) to help clinicians achieve large-scale health transformation over the next four years. As a Support and Alignment Network (SAN), ACEP will create a system to help EM clinicians and EDs provide higher value care by working on quality improvement projects alongside EDs across the nation seeking to improve quality, reduce cost, and prepare for alternative payment methods. ACEP is particularly interested in recruiting EDs serving small, rural and medically underserved communities to play an active role in this national movement to learn and deploy novel quality initiatives.
Purpose of Naming Contest
ACEP recently was named as one of 10 Support and Alignment Networks (SAN) — part of the Centers for Medicaid and Medicare Services (CMS) Transforming Clinical Practice Initiative (TCPI). ACEP seeks a name for the collaborative that will encompass the concept of quality improvement and practice transformation in emergency patient care. During the next four years, the ACEP SAN will transform clinical emergency care practice via 3 major initiatives:
- Improving clinical outcomes for patients with sepsis
- Reducing avoidable testing by supporting clinicians implementing ACEP’s Choosing Wisely recommendations
- Reducing avoidable testing and hospitalization for ED patients with low-risk chest pain
The name should include the following:
- Features “Emergency Care” or “Emergency Medicine”
- Features the concept of quality improvement or practice transformation
- Name must be able to be transformed into an acronym that can be used on public materials and not copyrighted for another health-related project (please check the Copyright Public Catalog)
The winner will receive $250 gift certificate to Amazon.com.
You must submit your entry by February 6, 2016 (at 11:59 pm EST) through the following Surveymonkey submissions link.
Questions? Contact Nalani Tarrant at email@example.com
The post Naming contest for ACEP initiative on quality improvement – $250 prize appeared first on ALiEM.