PV Card: Contraindications to Thrombolytics in Stroke
This Paucis Verbis (PV) card is an updated version of the PV card on Contraindications to Thrombolytics for CVA from September 10, 2010, based on the Stroke 2013 AHA/ASA new guidelines that were just published.1 Some changes include…
- There is new mention of new anticoagulants in the market with additional absolute exclusion criteria.
- A blood glucose < 50 mg/dL has been upgraded from a relative exclusion to an absolute exclusion criteria. There is no more mention of glucose > 400 mg/dL as an exclusion criteria.
- Seizure at onset of presentation has moved from an absolute to a relative risk.
- Post-AMI pericarditis is no longer a relative exclusion criteria.
PV Card: Contraindications for Thrombolytics in Stroke
Adapted from 
Go to ALiEM (PV) Cards for more resources.
- Jauch E, Saver J, Adams H, et al. Guidelines for the early management of patients with acute ischemic stroke: a guideline for healthcare professionals from the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association. Stroke. 2013;44(3):870-947. [PubMed]
The post PV Card: Contraindications to Thrombolytics in Stroke appeared first on ALiEM.
Like articles like this one?
Safe& Secure Checkout