REBEL Core Cast 47.0 Nausea and Vomiting
- Nausea and Vomiting has an exceedingly large differential – don’t just anchor on GI presentations
- H&P important – Duration, frequency, content, and associated symptoms
- Alcohol swab -> If no line and want quick treatment give swab
- Ondansetron -> oral you can give without hesitation but if giving IV check QTC / electrolytes and give slowly
- Droperidol / Haloperidol -> Works really well, QTc prolongation has been overhyped and dont give to parkinsons patient.
REBEL Core Cast 47.0 – Nausea and Vomiting
Post Peer Reviewed By: Salim R. Rezaie, MD (Twitter: @srrezaie)
Shownotes Created By: Miguel Reyes, MD (Twitter: @miguel_reyesMD)
Like articles like this one?
Safe& Secure Checkout