Dr. Rob Rogers has started a great series of videos which highlight resources and tools which medical educators may find useful and innovative. This video takes you on a guided tour through making a Prezi presentation. Although I am still torn about using Prezi as a delivery tool because of the excessive motion-based transitions, I do like such features as:
- Really professional looking templates
- The presentations can live online and/or on your desktop
- Ability to easily embed videos
- Ability to see your entire presentation on the canvas
- Allows more flexibility in content delivery
- It just looks cool.
You can look for more excellent videos on the Academic Emergency Medicine Education Masters site. Hey maybe you can next teach people how to use Google Reader, Evernote, Dropbox!