Buy it with:
Noted as the best prehospital tourniquet in the February 2008 supplement of The Journal of Trauma
The patented Combat Application Tourniquet (C-A-T) Gen. 7 is a true one-handed tourniquet proven to be 100% effective by the U.S. Army’s Institute of Surgical Research. Numerous tests held by various laboratories over several years have proved that the C-A-T® can completely occlude blood flow of an extremity in the event of a traumatic wound with significant hemorrhage.
The Combat Application Tourniquet (C-A-T) is operated by turning a durable windlass system that contains a patented free-moving internal band. This combination has been proven to provide the physical force characteristics necessary to occlude blood flow. This force is also known as true circumferential pressure to the extremity.
Once the tourniquet is adequately tightened, bleeding will cease and the windlass can then be locked into place using the bilateral retaining clips. The tourniquet also features a windlass retention strap that secures via hook and loop over the retaining clips. This strap can also be used to mark the tourniquet's application time for proper medical management at the definitive care facility.
The Combat Application Tourniquet (C-A-T) unique dual securing system is extremely easy to use under survival stress or where fine motor skills are compromised.
- The Gen 7 features a single routing buckle for faster application, decreased blood loss, effective slack removal, fewer windlass turns. and simplified training with single protocol application standards.
- The windlass rod has been reinforced, now with increased diameter for enhanced strength and aggressive ribbing for improved grip
- The bilateral windlass clip allows for rapid windlass lock and added strength
- The enhanced windlass strap changed has been changed from white to tactical gray and sonic welded to clip for constant contact providing safe windlass security and a place to document the application time
- The stabilization plate has been reinforced with a beveled contact bar
- The signature red elliptical tip (Red Tip Technology®) provides visual cue during application
- The Gen 7 features the patented free-moving internal band for true evenly distributed circumferential pressure
- Packaged: L 6.5 in. x W 2.4 in. x D 1.5 in.
- Open Length: 37.5 in.
- Weight: 2.7 oz
Safe & Secure Checkout