Slishman Traction Splint
The Slishman Traction Splint (STS) boasts a red toggle at the end of the shorter traction cord for better grip. The STS's improved labeling and superior red color coding enable quicker patient femur fracture stabilization and application.
- The STS does not extend beyond the foot-the compact design of the STS won't jam up against ambulance doors or prevent you from placing patients into aircraft. When extricating or hoisting the splint stays safely contained within the board, litter or basket. No risk of striking the splint resulting in further injury or pain to the patient
- Rapid Patient Application in Under 60 Seconds-The unique design of the STS makes it the fastest splint to apply. No poles to assemble or mechanisms to set up. No long transport delays. Four step application process in rapid and easy
- The STS is not contraindicated in lower leg injury or Amputation while other traction splints are contraindicated with lower leg injury or amputation, the STS’s unique design allows the ankle strap to be alternately positioned proximal to the calf. This allows femur traction to still be applied and leaves the lower leg accessible for other splinting or bandaging
- Lightweight and compact - it takes up little space in vehicles or aircraft and can easily be strapped to jump bags and backpacks
- One size fits all the STS works with both adults and peds. No need to carry two different splints. If your agency requires you to carry two traction splints, two STS splints can be carried for bi-lateral splinting of peds and adults
- Traction mechanism accessible during transport-If traction adjustment is needed while enroute, the STS traction adjustment is accessible at the patient’s hip, not jammed up against the door or airframe at the patient's foot. You can easily and quickly adjust traction for maximum patient comfort
- Radiolucent - The STS is radiolucent and will not interfere with patient imaging or exam. No need to remove the splint. The STS can stay on a patient all the way to surgery
The STS embodies significant improvements to traction splinting:
- No extension past the foot
- Quickly adjusts to patient
- Easily applied during manual traction
- Not contraindicated for lower leg injury or amputation
- Light and compact
- One size fits all
- Weight: 21 ounces (595 grams) in the case
- Carrying Case Dimensions: 22in x 3in x 3in (56cm x 7.6cm x 7.6cm)
- Telescoping poles are made of light weight, high tensile strength 6061 aluminum.
- Aluminum is barely visible on X-ray. Thumb screws on locks are steel, and are therefore, visible on X-ray.
- Corrosion and shock resistant.
- 3 telescoping aluminum poles with 2 easy-to-use thumb screw locks
- neoprene ankle hitch
- adjustable nylon groin strap with quick- release buckle
- optional mid-leg neoprene strap that can be applied for added rotational stability